Get Ready for Tax Season
Tax Season is Here
See Important Tax Season Details here…
Upload All 2023 Tax Documents
Upload 2023 tax statements, records & receipts to SmartVault© starting February 1, 2024
Submit Tax Checklist
LAST DAY to Submit completed Online Tax Checklist
Tax Returns Prepared
Allow us to prepare your tax return. We’ll contact you via the Client Portal if any questions arise.
Review & Authorize eFiling
All signers must watch for DocuSign email to e-sign Form 8879. Review returns before signing.
IRS Tax Filing Deadline!
We’ll e-File tax returns by April 15th and ensure they are accepted by the tax authorities.
The Official 2024 Tax Season (for Tax Yr 2023) has Begun!
KNOW THESE IMPORTANT DATES
Feb 1st thru March 15th
March 15, 2024 – LAST DAY for
- All tax documents must be uploaded
- Tax Client Checklist must be submitted
April 12, 2024 – Watch for email: “Your Tax Return is Ready”
- Review your Tax Return on SmartVault
- Sign your authorization to eFile your taxes
April 15, 2024 – IRS Due Date for Tax Returns
- Information not received by March 15th Deadline? Your Tax Return (incl. Qtrly Taxes) will be extended
- Extensions may be subject to additional fees, taxes, interest, and penalties
Have Questions? Check out our FAQs here
10 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL TAX SEASON
- All documents MUST be uploaded to SmartVault in .Pdf format. No pictures, .png, jpeg, .bmp files will be accepted
- Use descriptive file names for uploaded tax documents (i.e.,W2-YourJobName, 1099_BestBrokerage, ABC Inc_K-1)
- Which tax documents do I need to upload? Refer to your last year’s tax return as reference.
- How-To Scan documents for upload: See How-to videos about scanning document your mobile
- What is the Tax Client Checklist? This is a requirement that “signals” the Accountant to begin your tax return
- Don’t Submit the Checklist until all documents, including K-1s, have been uploaded
- Don’t Miss the March 15th Deadline or tax return will be Extended! (subject to addt’l fees and penalties)
- Review your Tax Return before Signing (authorizing) us to efile returns. Both spouses (if applicable) need to sign.
- We will electronically file your returns and monitor for the IRS and State Acceptances
- If you are due a Refund, check “Where’s My Refund?” for the status. If you Owe Taxes, download your Tax Return and Payment Vouchers from SmartVault to pay by the Due Date
If you file by mail:
- Return must be signed and postmarked by IRS due date
How To Videos
Getting Started with SmartVault To utilize SmartVault as a guest user, you'll need to receive an invitation from your account administrator. Upon receiving the invitation, proceed to activate your account, and you'll be ready to access and...
With Adobe Scan, easily capture and convert your documents into digital pdf files. Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to use the Adobe Scan App Step 1: Install the app on your iPhone or android Step 2: View the Welcome to Adobe...
This video explains how to download and use the Scanner Pro App on your mobile device for safely sharing PDF documents to your ShareFile account. If you already use a different scanner app on your device, you can use the one you already have. This is Scanner Pro:...